Type of corrosion and method of prevention / Fahly Khairy Mohd Zain and Zaidi Ramli

Mohd Zain, Fahly Khairy and Ramli, Zaidi (2002) Type of corrosion and method of prevention / Fahly Khairy Mohd Zain and Zaidi Ramli. [Student Project] (Unpublished)

Abstract

Corrosion may be broadly defined as the degradation of a material by its environment. The definition would properly include metals, ceramics, polymers, and composites; however, classical corrosion studies deal with the dissolution of metals. All metallic corrosion processes have their basis, electrochemical reactions. Some corrosion mechanisms are primarily electrochemical, whereas other requires the interaction of electrochemical and mechanical forces. There is practically no material, which is corrosion resistant to any corrosive agent. The only question is how much is chosen material] is stable for particular material-corrosive agent combustion. Most of the practically important corrosion processes (95% or more) occurred in the combination material-ion containing corrosive agent with water and some other dipole solvent. In such circumstances the processes are electrochemical, i.e., they involve the action of charged particles-ions and electrons. The other 5% of corrosion processes occurring in the presence of an aggressive gaseous phase, most often at higher temperatures, and their problems a discussed in this paper. For the theory of corrosion will be describe in the next topic in this report.
In this project, author objective is to determine the type of corrosion that occurs in the mechanical workshop located at UiTM Arau.
The determination of corrosion is done by using human eye and the condition of the surface of equipment or material. The surface difference is important in determining the type of corrosion. For the prevention of this project it is quit easy because it can applicable in all kinds of corrosion.

Metadata

Item Type: Student Project
Creators:
Creators
Email / ID Num.
Mohd Zain, Fahly Khairy
99181499
Ramli, Zaidi
99011228
Contributors:
Contribution
Name
Email / ID Num.
Advisor
Shamsuddin, Saidatulakmar
UNSPECIFIED
Subjects: T Technology > TA Engineering. Civil engineering
T Technology > TA Engineering. Civil engineering > Materials of engineering and construction
T Technology > TA Engineering. Civil engineering > Corrosion and anti-corrosives
Divisions: Universiti Teknologi MARA, Pulau Pinang > Permatang Pauh Campus > Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Programme: Diploma Of Mechanical Engineering
Keywords: Corrosion, Metallic, Electrochemical
Date: 2002
URI: https://ir.uitm.edu.my/id/eprint/53548
Edit Item
Edit Item

Download

[thumbnail of 53548.pdf] Text
53548.pdf

Download (113kB)

Fulltext

Fulltext is available at:
  • Bilik Koleksi Akses Terhad PTAR | Kampus Permatang Pauh, Pulau Pinang

ID Number

53548

Indexing

|

Statistic

Statistic details