Properties of particleboard from dried leaves and eucalyptus pellita / Muhamad Haziq Ab Karim

Ab Karim, Muhamad Haziq (2019) Properties of particleboard from dried leaves and eucalyptus pellita / Muhamad Haziq Ab Karim. Student Project. Faculty Of Applied Sciences, Jengka, Pahang. (Unpublished)

Abstract

Properties of particleboard from dried leaves and Eucalyptus pellita in relation to temperature and ratio bounded with phenol formaldehyde was evaluated. The particle board manufacturing was made with three temperature setting 160°C,170°C and 180°C with 3 different types of ratio which are 70% dried leaves and 30% Eucalyptus pellita, 50% dried leaves and 50% Eucalyptus pellita, 30% dried leaves and 70% Eucalyptus pellita. The boards produced were evaluated for its internal bonding (IB) testing, bending strength testing, thickness swelling (TS) and water absorption (WA) according to British Standard (EN312:1996). The measurement of internal bonding (IB), thickness swelling (TS) and water absorption (WA) is 50mm x 50mm x 12mm while the measurement of bending strength (MOR and MOE). is 320mm x 50mm x 12mm. The optimum properties of board derived from 170°C and ratio of 30% dried leaves and 70% Eucalyptus pellita with IB of 0.58 MPa, MOR of 5.86 MPa, MOE of 849.83, TS 2 hours of 12.19%, TS 24 hours of 24.01%, WA 2 hours of 72.03%, and WA 24 hours of 89.01%.

Download

[img] Text
PPb_MUHAMAD HAZIQ AB KARIM AS C 19_5.PDF

Download (1MB)

Metadata

Item Type: Monograph (Student Project)
Creators:
CreatorsID Num.
Ab Karim, Muhamad HaziqUNSPECIFIED
Subjects: T Technology > TS Manufactures > Wood technology. Lumber
T Technology > TS Manufactures > Engineered wood. Fiberboard, particle board, etc.
Divisions: Universiti Teknologi MARA, Pahang > Jengka Campus > Faculty of Applied Sciences (C)
Item ID: 25019
Uncontrolled Keywords: Particleboard, Dried leaves, Eucalyptus pellita, Phenol formaldehyde
URI: http://ir.uitm.edu.my/id/eprint/25019

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year