Chores completion encourager app for children using games based learning / Nurul Adilah Fasiha Abdul Rahman

Abdul Rahman, Nurul Adilah Fasiha (2015) Chores completion encourager app for children using games based learning / Nurul Adilah Fasiha Abdul Rahman. Degree thesis, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Cawangan Melaka.

Abstract

Daily chores can be introduce to children as early as preschoolers. Preschoolers should be encourage to perform their own chores since they are reluctant to complete their chores, they do not know the outcomes of undone chores and they are not interested to do the chores if they are just told to do so. The purpose of this project is to motivate preschoolers in the range of 5 until 6 years old to be more responsible for their own chores. The preschoolers will be motivated by marks and level achieved in the game. Games Based Learning is the best way to encourage the preschoolers since it can attract the preschooler’s attractions to play the games and complete the chores. In addition, the combination of several techniques is used to design the applications such as Level Setting Principle, Task Introducing, Arrangement of Task, Usage of Colors and Object, Moving to Next Task, and Gameplay Principle so that it will reach children’s expectations in learning through gaming. Other than that, this application will be
implemented in android since it is android based system because preschoolers are proved to be more attracted to play the games through mobile phones. Methodology used to develop this application is Rapid Applications Development (RAD). The result from usability testing shows that the applications is beneficial to 80% of selected preschoolers. The other 20% of the preschoolers do not performing their chores after play the games because they found out that the games is just for fun and do not give impact for them. This project may be upgrade from time to time by adding new features such as more chores can be perform in the applications and more multimedia element such as audio and agent so that in the future it will be more interesting and helpful.

Metadata

Item Type: Thesis (Degree)
Creators:
Creators
Email / ID Num.
Abdul Rahman, Nurul Adilah Fasiha
2013846112
Contributors:
Contribution
Name
Email / ID Num.
Thesis advisor
Ahmadon, Fadzlin
UNSPECIFIED
Subjects: L Education > LB Theory and practice of education > Child study > Play, games, etc.
L Education > LB Theory and practice of education > Preschool education. Nursery schools
Q Science > QA Mathematics > Instruments and machines
Divisions: Universiti Teknologi MARA, Melaka > Jasin Campus > Faculty of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Programme: Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (CS230)
Keywords: Preschoolers; Chores; Encourager; Motivation; Game based learning
Date: 2015
URI: https://ir.uitm.edu.my/id/eprint/41586
Edit Item
Edit Item

Download

[thumbnail of 41586.pdf] Text
41586.pdf

Download (131kB)

Fulltext

Fulltext is available at:
  • Library Terminal Workstation (Digital Format) - Accessible via UiTM Libraries

ID Number

41586

Indexing

|

Statistic

Statistic details