A study on the determinants of capital structure of food and beverages companies in Malaysia / Amni Hawana Helmy and Aqilah Hairudin

Helmy, Amni Hawana and Hairudin, Aqilah (2019) A study on the determinants of capital structure of food and beverages companies in Malaysia / Amni Hawana Helmy and Aqilah Hairudin. Student Project. Faculty of Business and Management, Bandaraya Melaka. (Unpublished)

[img] Text
PPb_AMNI HAWANA HELMY M BM 19_5.pdf

Download (699kB)

Abstract

The objective of the study is to investigate the determinants of capital structure of food and beverages companies in Malaysia. The investigation is focus on the firm-specific factors such as liquidity (CR), tangibility (PPETA), firm’s growth (GTA), profitability (ROA) and size of firm (TA) that influence the capital structure decisions of food and beverages companies. The debt to equity ratio is used as a proxy to measure the capital structure of the company. The analysis of this study performed by using the panel data model; random effects model for 15 companies listed in Bursa Malaysia Berhad under food and beverages sector in Malaysia during the periods of 2010 to 2017. The results of this study indicate the determinants that have positive impact on capital structure are firm’s growth, profitability and size of firm. In contrast, the determinants that give negative impact on the capital structure are liquidity and tangibility. The value of R-square is 0.673589 which indicates that 67.36 percent of capital structure variation can be explained by all the variation of independent variables that include in this study which are liquidity, tangibility, firm’s growth, profitability and size of firm while the remaining of 32.64 percent explained by other factors that are omitted in the model.

Item Type: Monograph (Student Project)
Creators:
CreatorsID Num.
Helmy, Amni HawanaUNSPECIFIED
Hairudin, AqilahUNSPECIFIED
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor > Food industry and trade. Halal food industry. Certification
H Social Sciences > HG Finance > Financial management. Business finance. Corporation finance
H Social Sciences > HG Finance > Financial management. Business finance. Corporation finance > Capital budget. Capital investments. Fixed capital
Divisions: Universiti Teknologi MARA, Melaka > Bandaraya Melaka Campus > Faculty of Business and Management (M)
Item ID: 23439
Uncontrolled Keywords: Capital structure; Liquidity; Tangibility; Asset structure; firm’s growth; Growth opportunities: profitability; Return on asset; Size of firm
Last Modified: 19 Mar 2019 07:53
Depositing User: Perpustakaan UiTM Cawangan Melaka UiTM Cawangan Melaka
URI: http://ir.uitm.edu.my/id/eprint/23439

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year