University students academic stressor / Nur Azleen Abdullah, Nur Nabilah Berhan and Qysty Ahmad Shukri

Abdullah, Nur Azleen and Berhan, Nur Nabilah and Ahmad Shukri, Qysty (2019) University students academic stressor / Nur Azleen Abdullah, Nur Nabilah Berhan and Qysty Ahmad Shukri. [Student Project] (Unpublished)


Nowadays, stress is a common problem in everyone's daily life. Stress is not a new thing or new phenomenon. At some point of time in most of people lives, they encounter stress or anxiety, especially students due to all the pressures that they need to go through in their academic world. As students, they need to manage their time well within study and their social life. Chasing for good grades in their exam puts undue and unnecessary pressure on students. There were suicide cases among students because they cannot handle pressure. The objectives of this study are to build model of academic stressors and identify academic stressors that can contribute to stress among students of Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Sciences in Universiti Teknologi Mara Seremban Campus. This study used Logistic Regression as a method to analyse data for presence of stress. The study used self-administered questionnaire. The questionnaire was adapted from 2 different questionnaires which are Kessler Psychological Distress Scale (K 10) by Kessler R. and Survey of college academic stressors by Glenn M. Calaguas. There are seven factors that were chosen in this study which are related to subject, schedule, classroom, lecturer, classmate, financial and others expectations. This study have found two factors that contribute to the presence of stress among university students which are subject and expectations. This study indicates that 59.42% of students are stress and the other 40.58% students are not stress.


Item Type: Student Project
Email / ID Num.
Abdullah, Nur Azleen
Berhan, Nur Nabilah
Ahmad Shukri, Qysty
Email / ID Num.
Thesis advisor
Idris, Noor Aisyah
Subjects: Q Science > QA Mathematics > Mathematical statistics. Probabilities
Q Science > QA Mathematics > Mathematical statistics. Probabilities > Data processing
Q Science > QA Mathematics > Analysis
Q Science > QA Mathematics > Analysis > Analytical methods used in the solution of physical problems
Divisions: Universiti Teknologi MARA, Negeri Sembilan > Seremban Campus > Faculty of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Programme: Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Statistics
Keywords: University, students, academic stressor
Date: 2019
Edit Item
Edit Item


[thumbnail of 50168.pdf] Text

Download (167kB)

Digital Copy

Digital (fulltext) is available at:

Physical Copy

Physical status and holdings:
Item Status:

ID Number




Statistic details