Factors contributing to organizational change acceptance among Gen Y Executives in PETRONAS Project Delivery and Technology Division / Siti Aminah Mohd Johan

Mohd Johan, Siti Aminah (2017) Factors contributing to organizational change acceptance among Gen Y Executives in PETRONAS Project Delivery and Technology Division / Siti Aminah Mohd Johan. Student Project. Faculty of Business and Management, Bandaraya, Melaka. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
Text
PPb_SITI AMINAH MOHD JOHAN BM 17_5.pdf

Download (338kB) | Preview

Abstract

Change is apparent now days in organization as the economic situation and other factors often forces company to consistently change in order to remain robust in their business operation. However, IBM (2008) found that approximately 41% of change projects were considered successful in meeting its objectives within planned time despite budget and quality constraints, compared to the remaining 59% of change projects that fail to reach at least one objective or failed entirely. Change is often unsuccessful when employee, the most impacted members of the organization decided to resist the change. Resistance to change is the outcome of negative acceptance of employee that is often caused by the fear of the unknown. The purpose of this research to investigate on the factors that influence organizational change acceptance among Gen Y Executives in PETRONAS Project Delivery and Technology Division. This study investigate the association of the variables that contributes to the organizational change acceptance among Gen Y Executives in PETRONAS Project Delivery and Technology Division. The research utilize descriptive study to describe the relationships between two variables. The population of the research is 2,403 executives. The sample size is 331 executives. Data were gathered through electronic questionnaire that is distributed to 900 randomly selected executives via email. The response rate of the survey is 86.7% where 287 responses were received. Only 221 responses is used to conduct quantitative data analysis. The study found that the executives hold fairly neutral acceptance towards the change. Only quality of information, employee participation, organizational support and threat appraisal have significant influence on organizational acceptance among Gen Y Executives.

Item Type: Monograph (Student Project)
Uncontrolled Keywords: Organizational change; Gen Y Executives; Petronas
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial Management > Organizational change. Organizational development. Corporate turnarounds
Divisions: Universiti Teknologi MARA, Melaka > Bandaraya Melaka Campus
Depositing User: Staf Pendigitalan 5
Date Deposited: 14 Jun 2017 07:18
Last Modified: 14 Jun 2017 07:18
URI: http://ir.uitm.edu.my/id/eprint/17298

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year