Relationship between human resource roles towards lean implementation in Upstream PETRONAS / Nurazira Mohd Razali

Mohd Razali, Nurazira (2017) Relationship between human resource roles towards lean implementation in Upstream PETRONAS / Nurazira Mohd Razali. Student Project. Faculty of Business and Management, Bandaraya Melaka. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
Text
PPb_NURAZIRA MOHD RAZALI BM 17_5.pdf

Download (159kB) | Preview

Abstract

The purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship between Human Resource (HR) roles towards lean implementation in Upstream PETRONAS. Three hypothesis were developed to examine whether there is a relationship between communication, training and leadership towards lean implementation. Respondents are selected from PETRONAS Upstream employees, specifically the ones working in Human Resource. Data was collected by distributing 100 set of questionnaires to selected employees and 88 returned questionnaires were used in this study. To analyze the data, descriptive, correlation and regression analysis were used. The results from Pearson Correlational Analysis showed that all independent variables have correlated with one another. There is a moderate positive relationship between communication and training, a moderate positive relationship between training and leadership. Lastly there is a high positive relationship between leadership and communication. On the other hand, based on R2, it can be seen that communication, training and leadership only have a 60% influence on the dependent variable. Meanwhile the other 40% may be influenced by other factors as stated in Chapter 5. Furthermore, according to the result of multiple regression analysis, only training has a significant relationship towards lean implementation in Upstream PETRONAS. Hence, top management should invest in a good training program for its human capital.

Item Type: Monograph (Student Project)
Uncontrolled Keywords: Human resource roles; Lean implementation; Upstream PETRONAS
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HF Commerce > Personnel management. Employment management
Divisions: Universiti Teknologi MARA, Melaka > Bandaraya Melaka Campus
Depositing User: Staf Pendigitalan 5
Date Deposited: 14 Jun 2017 01:36
Last Modified: 14 Jun 2017 01:36
URI: http://ir.uitm.edu.my/id/eprint/17278

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year